Hot tubs offer the ideal place to gather with family and friends. They provide a space to unwind, relax and relieve the day’s stress. However, when purchasing a hot tub, you need to decide where you want to place it. Do you prefer indoors in the privacy of your home or outside in your backyard? Consider the following when choosing between an indoor hot tub cove and an outdoor hot tub oasis:
The amount of space available in your house is the ultimate deciding factor. A full 4-seat hot tub will weigh over a 1000 kg and may take up a bit of space. Do you plan to build a new room for your indoor hot tub or place it in an existing area? The other factor to consider is whether your hot tub can fit through your front door.
Depending on your outdoor setup, you can place it on an open space or install it into the ground. You may need to place it on the patio or deck, or install it into the ground with a proper foundation to support it.
Hot tubs produce water vapor and condensation, therefore proper ventilation is something important to consider. A well-ventilated area can prevent the growth of mold and mildew. An indoor tub needs a ventilator to help circulate the hot, moist air, such as a bathroom ventilator system. However, if you are placing the hot tub outdoors, you don’t need to worry about ventilation.
An indoor hot tub allows you to relax without having to endure the frigid temperatures. Locating a hot tub indoors also protects it from weather conditions that can damage it.
An outdoor hot tub provides you with the luxury of soaking during a snowstorm and relaxing during summertime. However, exposing it to weather elements can accelerate wear and tear. It also requires frequent cleaning to clear debris, leaves and bugs.
Want to purchase a hot tub? Contact Westrock Pools.
We have a great selection of high quality hot tubs. Come visit our showroom and let one of our professionals help you determine which hot tub is the perfect choice. Call us at 845-367-9377 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spas offer relaxation, hydrotherapy and leisure for many homeowners. They are often used as places to gather socially. There are basically two main categories of spas: custom spas (also called inground spas) and portable spas. Whether it is a free standing, portable or inground spa, homeowners benefit in the same ways.
A portable spa is a self-contained unit. This means that everything needed to operate the spa is contained within the spa unit. There is a wide range of portable hot tubs and spas, from small units to large 8 to 10 person units. They are built from a variety of materials including acrylic, fiberglass, inflated latex or vinyl, polyethylene and other plastics. Most portable spas are built with an acrylic shell mounted to a support structure made of wood, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and metal.
- Cost Effective: They are affordable, and cost less to install and maintain. They also require less water and chemicals due to their small size.
- Quick and easy to install: A portable spa does not require a construction project. It can be installed and operated within a few hours. It can also be easily relocated to a different place.
- In-built features: Portable spas are featured with jetted baths. They also maintain water at relaxing temperatures, making them convenient to use at any time. In addition, the units are molded into ergonomic shapes with comfortable and well-defined seats.
Custom spas or inground spas are constructed into the ground. They are built from a variety of permanent materials such as gunite, concrete, tile, fiberglass, stainless steel and copper. However, some inground spas are built by installing a portable spa into a vault to achieve a custom look. This allows the unit to retain the benefits portable spas provide.
- Custom designed: Custom spas are custom designed in different sizes, shapes and design to suit specific tastes.
- Attractive: The can be integrated into a patio, deck, an inground pool and other features to enhance your backyard landscape.
- Durable: They are made from permanent, durable materials.
Need a Spa? Contact Westrock Pools.
Improved sleep, relief from arthritis pain, relieve from stress, reduced pain and improved circulation are some health benefits of hot tubs and spas.
If you are planning to install a hot tub and spa in your home, get in touch with Westrock Pools. You can call 845-367-9377 or email us at email@example.com.
Click here to Download
Are you thinking of remodelling your swimming pool by adding extra features? There are numerous possibilities and additional features can enhance and customize your backyard environment. These features will add enjoyment to your swimming pool experience and value to your home. The following are some extra features that can be added to a swimming pool area:
1. Extra Lighting
A well-lit pool can be very appealing. When designing the lighting, take your yard, landscape and pool size into consideration. Design the lighting so that the best features are highlighted. Here are some extra lighting options:
- Fiber-optic and LED: Fiber optics can generate soft and uniform lighting effects. LEDs are an emergent technology in outdoor illumination. They are like tiny light bulbs that fit easily into an electric circuit. LEDs are preferred because they do not get hot and do not have a filament to burn out.
- Moonlighting: This is another lighting feature that can be added. Moonlighting can create the most natural form of lighting and can create an extra mystical effect if a tree canopy hangs over the pool deck.
- Uplighting: Uplighting will add a touch of class to a swimming pool area. For perfect uplighting, create a wall of lights using a series of visually appealing trees. The trees should be relatively close to the pool deck, so that the view can be narrowed to the immediate area.
2. Water Features
Adding extra water features can allow you to enjoy the soothing sound and shimmering sight of falling water. Here are some water feature options:
- Waterfalls: Waterfalls are the perfect complement to lagoon-style or free-form swimming pools. They add visual effect and beauty to more standard shaped pools, as well. To enjoy the illusion of relaxing at the foot of a mountain, you can add a full rock wall complete with cascading water at one end of your swimming pool. For a romantic feeling, you can create a private rock cave hidden behind your new waterfall.
- Fountain bubblers: These protrude upward like mini-geysers. Fountain bubblers are usually built into a pool’s shallow sun ledge. They are popular with kids and are not very expensive.
- Deck jets: These jets create a great look as they shoot streams of water from the deck to the pool. Laminar jets are the best kind of deck jets because they produce a solid stream of bubble-free water. They will look even more beautiful if you add color by illuminating them with fiber-optics.
- Waterslides: Integrating a waterslide into a swimming pool landscape can create the feel of a water park in your backyard. Waterslides provide endless fun for children and adults. Waterslides come in a variety of sizes. Some provide a straight, quick drop into the swimming pool, while others are gently curved to the left or right. There are some waterslides that are longer and can spin into corkscrew turns.
Contact Westrock Pools
If you are looking for a swimming pool company to remodel or add extra features to your swimming pool, contact the professional pool contractors at Westrock Pools. We have over 50 years of experience in building and maintaining swimming pools. Call 845-367-9377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.