You can winterize gunite swimming pools by following the steps given below:
- Test the pool water with a swimming pool test kit for algae, mold or germs.
- While the pump is on, apply shock to the pool for about 8 hours.
- Apply algaecide to fight algae growth in the water.
- Set the pump to backwash the water so that it cleans the pump and the filter.
- Drain out water from the pool to about 6 inches below the skimmer.
- Using a shop vacblow out the water from the pool hoses.
- Cover the pool with a durable pool cover.
- What is a gunite pool?
- When should I resurface a gunite pool?
- What designs are there for gunite pools?
- How long does it take to install a gunite pool?
- How do you winterize gunite swimming pools?
- How can a stained gunite pool be cleaned?
- Can a cracked gunite pool be repaired?
- What color options are available with gunite pools?
- What makes gunite pools durable?