Yes, a cracked gunite pool can be repaired.The following steps describe how to repair a cracked gunite pool:
- Dry the pool and sweep any loose dirt form the cracked area.
- Use a grinder with a diamond blade and under low setting place it in the crack. Move the grinder around the crack until it is a few inches deep and wide.
- Use a rag to wipe out dust.
- Wet the area with the hose.
- Mix three parts cement and two parts white sand with one part water in a bucket.
- Use a putty knife to line the walls of the crack with the mixture.
- Fill the crack entirely with the mixture.
- Smooth the top using a trowel.
- Once dry, complete the plaster coat over the surface.
- What is a gunite pool?
- When should I resurface a gunite pool?
- What designs are there for gunite pools?
- How long does it take to install a gunite pool?
- How do you winterize gunite swimming pools?
- How can a stained gunite pool be cleaned?
- Can a cracked gunite pool be repaired?
- What color options are available with gunite pools?