An inground pool is a great addition to your home. It not only adds value to your home but also creates a great fun place for family and friends. With a little planning before buying, and the proper preparations before installation, you can get to the fun as quickly and safely as possible.
Before Buying a Pool
Consider the following before buying an inground pool:
- Your Neighborhood’s Rules and Regulations: Check with the neighborhood association. See if there are any restrictions or rules pertaining to pools. In some cases, certain types of pools may not be allowed. Make sure there are no restrictions on the types of pool you are thinking of installing.
- The Pool’s Location: Remember that unless you have received special permission, pools cannot be located within 20 feet of overhead power lines, within 10 feet of a septic tank or on an easement. In addition, you want your pool to be in an easy-to-see spot and away from trees.
- The Pool Size and Shape: To make sure you’re getting a pool with the right size and shape, measure the space in your yard. If you don’t know where exactly to install your pool, ask a professional.
Before Pool Installation
Consider the following before installing a pool:
- Get a Building Permit: You will need a city or township building permit and an electrical permit before installing a pool. Depending on where you are located, you may also need a zoning permit, a soil and erosion permit and a fence permit.
- Determine the Specifics: Along with the pool, it is also important to decide on where to place your skimmer and return (inlet and outlet, respectively). The location of the skimmer will also determine where the pump and filter will go, which further determines where the electrical outlet is situated.
- Prepare for Excavation: You will require at least 20 feet of clearance to get excavation equipment into your yard. If you have a fence, you will need to make sure you can remove enough of it to accommodate the pool.
A pool installation company can help you install your pool with ease. They have the experience and know-how to install the pool in the right place.
Do You Want an Inground Pool? All You Need to Do Is Call Us!
Dive into one of our inground pools. Think of the infinite possibilities! At Westrock Pool, our team of designers and salespeople will help transform your backyard into a sanctuary and change the way you live. Our inground pools come in many different shapes and sizes. As a premier inground pool builder and installer, we have been supplying the finest inground pools and building materials, as well as professional installation and comprehensive maintenance, for 50 years. Be the envy of your friends and neighbors and order your pool today. Call us at 845-367-9377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.