Now that you have decided to add years of good health and great times with your family and friends by installing a pool or spa in your backyard, it’s time to decide exactly what kind of addition you want to get. There are many options, but your ultimate choice must take into account many different factors including budget, space, etc. There are as many benefits to a swim spa as there are to a swimming pool. Some important considerations are:
- Understanding how a swim spa is designed: The basic layout of a swim spa includes a warmer spa section that is connected to a cooler swimming section. The swimming section has a jet of water to swim against, creating an effective and fun method of exercising if space is a consideration. The look and design of a swim spa is similar to any ‘stand-alone’ spa and is perfect for smaller patio spaces.
- If you have a larger space, a swimming pool may also be an option for you to consider. However, if putting in a swimming pool leaves no room for any other activities, a swim spa might be a better choice.
- If you purchase a swim spa, you will also have a hot tub built right in. If you have a pool, a hot tub can be installed separately.
- If there are small children in your family, consider purchasing a pool cover and a put a rail around your swimming pool for safety.
- Swim spas usually have depths of less than 4.5 feet and come equipped with locking covers for extra protection.
Whether you are thinking about a pool, hot tub or swim spa, the best course of action is to contact the pool and spa specialists at Westrock Pool & Spa. We know everything there is to know about backyard pools and spas and we look forward to helping you with this important decision. Call us at 845-367-9377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit us at 21 N. Middletown Road in Nanuet, NY 10954.