Spas offer relaxation, hydrotherapy and leisure for many homeowners. They are often used as places to gather socially. There are basically two main categories of spas: custom spas (also called inground spas) and portable spas. Whether it is a free standing, portable or inground spa, homeowners benefit in the same ways.
A portable spa is a self-contained unit. This means that everything needed to operate the spa is contained within the spa unit. There is a wide range of portable hot tubs and spas, from small units to large 8 to 10 person units. They are built from a variety of materials including acrylic, fiberglass, inflated latex or vinyl, polyethylene and other plastics. Most portable spas are built with an acrylic shell mounted to a support structure made of wood, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and metal.
- Cost Effective: They are affordable, and cost less to install and maintain. They also require less water and chemicals due to their small size.
- Quick and easy to install: A portable spa does not require a construction project. It can be installed and operated within a few hours. It can also be easily relocated to a different place.
- In-built features: Portable spas are featured with jetted baths. They also maintain water at relaxing temperatures, making them convenient to use at any time. In addition, the units are molded into ergonomic shapes with comfortable and well-defined seats.
Custom spas or inground spas are constructed into the ground. They are built from a variety of permanent materials such as gunite, concrete, tile, fiberglass, stainless steel and copper. However, some inground spas are built by installing a portable spa into a vault to achieve a custom look. This allows the unit to retain the benefits portable spas provide.
- Custom designed: Custom spas are custom designed in different sizes, shapes and design to suit specific tastes.
- Attractive: The can be integrated into a patio, deck, an inground pool and other features to enhance your backyard landscape.
- Durable: They are made from permanent, durable materials.