Are you thinking of remodelling your swimming pool by adding extra features? There are numerous possibilities and additional features can enhance and customize your backyard environment. These features will add enjoyment to your swimming pool experience and value to your home. The following are some extra features that can be added to a swimming pool area:
1. Extra Lighting
A well-lit pool can be very appealing. When designing the lighting, take your yard, landscape and pool size into consideration. Design the lighting so that the best features are highlighted. Here are some extra lighting options:
- Fiber-optic and LED: Fiber optics can generate soft and uniform lighting effects. LEDs are an emergent technology in outdoor illumination. They are like tiny light bulbs that fit easily into an electric circuit. LEDs are preferred because they do not get hot and do not have a filament to burn out.
- Moonlighting: This is another lighting feature that can be added. Moonlighting can create the most natural form of lighting and can create an extra mystical effect if a tree canopy hangs over the pool deck.
- Uplighting: Uplighting will add a touch of class to a swimming pool area. For perfect uplighting, create a wall of lights using a series of visually appealing trees. The trees should be relatively close to the pool deck, so that the view can be narrowed to the immediate area.
2. Water Features
Adding extra water features can allow you to enjoy the soothing sound and shimmering sight of falling water. Here are some water feature options:
- Waterfalls: Waterfalls are the perfect complement to lagoon-style or free-form swimming pools. They add visual effect and beauty to more standard shaped pools, as well. To enjoy the illusion of relaxing at the foot of a mountain, you can add a full rock wall complete with cascading water at one end of your swimming pool. For a romantic feeling, you can create a private rock cave hidden behind your new waterfall.
- Fountain bubblers: These protrude upward like mini-geysers. Fountain bubblers are usually built into a pool’s shallow sun ledge. They are popular with kids and are not very expensive.
- Deck jets: These jets create a great look as they shoot streams of water from the deck to the pool. Laminar jets are the best kind of deck jets because they produce a solid stream of bubble-free water. They will look even more beautiful if you add color by illuminating them with fiber-optics.
- Waterslides: Integrating a waterslide into a swimming pool landscape can create the feel of a water park in your backyard. Waterslides provide endless fun for children and adults. Waterslides come in a variety of sizes. Some provide a straight, quick drop into the swimming pool, while others are gently curved to the left or right. There are some waterslides that are longer and can spin into corkscrew turns.
Contact Westrock Pools
If you are looking for a swimming pool company to remodel or add extra features to your swimming pool, contact the professional pool contractors at Westrock Pools. We have over 50 years of experience in building and maintaining swimming pools. Call 845-367-9377 or email email@example.com.