How to Maintain an Above Ground Pool
Maintaining your above ground pool is necessary in order to enjoy a clean, healthy, crystal clear pool. In addition, regular maintenance extends the pool life. Hiring pool maintenance professionals can ensure a job well done, and will be helpful in easing the above ground pool maintenance task. The following are essential steps in pool maintenance:
1. Circulate the pool water: Pumping ensures that the water is circulated, keeping your pool water clear. The best time to perform this task is during the day and Westrockpools performs this task by running the pump for 8-12 hours.
2. Clean filters and change cartilage: The filter catches and removes visible debris or microscopic particles. The sand and D.E filters are cleaned by backwashing when the filter’s pressure gauge indicates levels 8-10 lbs. above normal. Filters have cartilages inside that can be removed and cleaned or changed to ensure the filter is working effectively.
3. Clean the floors and walls: Westrockpools suggests that the walls and floor of the pool be brushed and vacuumed at least once a week.
4. Test your water regularly: Westrockpools suggests testing the pool water for pH level and sanitizers. It is vital to maintain the proper pH level of 7.2-7.6 at all times to retain the effectiveness of pool chemicals. The pH level should be checked 3 times a week.
5. Check the chlorine level: Chorine wipes out bacteria and algae, keeping your pool water sanitized and clean. Chlorine can be added in the form of tablets, granules or sticks. Stabilized chlorine is often used as it is processed to protect from sun damage, making the chemical more effective.
6. Use shock treatments: Shock treatment is basically a concentrated chemical treatment-usually chlorine. Regular shock treatments kill resistant algae and get rid of bad odor in pool water.
Contact Westrockpools for above ground pool maintenance services
Westrockpools team of professionals provides excellent above ground pool maintenance services. We are aware of what needs to be done in order to maintain your above ground pool. We also perform required pool repairs and renovations, such as leak detection and pool upgrades. Contact us today for your above ground pool maintenance needs. Call us at 845-367-9377.