In-Ground Pool Installation Considerations
An in-ground pool improves the value of a home, and is a great place for gathering and enjoyment. In-ground pool installation is a big project and thus requires detailed thinking and planning.
Things You Should Consider
It is important to think and plan before installing an in-ground pool. Consider the following points:
- Check Local Building Codes and Permissions – Prior to installing an in-ground pool, check with local and state regulatory bodies. Also check local building codes. Some areas require perimeter fences of a certain height. Some require the fences to lock. Others require a fence around the swimming pool
- Decide the Pool Shape You Want and Choose the Location – Decide the shape of the pool you want for your yard. Also choose an appropriate location for the in-ground swimming pool. Choose an open space with sunlight, and avoid placing it in an area with trees, because leaves and debris can accumulate in the pool.
- Check Other Installations – Make sure that no other installation work of the home is affected due to in-ground installation. Go through the blueprint of the home, if it is possible. Do not install the pool too deep as this can cause difficulty in maintenance and repair work.
- Insurance – When establishing a budget, don’t forget to think long term. Contact your insurance carrier and find out if owning a swimming pool affects the homeowner’s policy.
- Energy Efficient – It is not difficult to save on swimming pool energy costs. Enclosures, pool covers, and pump and lighting timers can all pay for themselves in energy savings. In the winter season you should shut your swimming pool down, rather than heat it.
- Eco-Friendly – Today’s pool heaters can be heated almost entirely using solar energy. There are even pools filtered using totally natural methods—an attached pond does all the work—and many chemical water treatments can now be replaced by less harsh natural alternatives.
In-Ground Pool Builders in Rockland County, Westchester County, Bergen County, and NYC
If you are planning to install an in-ground pool and are looking for the most reliable and experienced in-ground pool contractor, then Westrock Pools & Spa is your ultimate choice. We have been installing pools for more than 45 years. With the most talented and skillful professionals, it is our pleasure to beautify your home and create a space for you and your family to enjoy. Call us today for your in-ground pool construction or installation at 845-367-9377.